1. What can the grant be used for?
The grant is a revenue grant. It can be used to a wide variety of purposes as long as it is line with the Action Plan and contributes toward the development of a new product or service and growing the business. This can include workshops and specialist advice or consultancy:
Development of a prototype
Diversification to produce additional and new products
Updates to production processes
Development and design of a new website or platform
Business strategy development to develop new goods and services or their market development
Research and development
2. What can the grant not be used for?
Paying off debts and interest
Purchase of land or buildings or their repairs
Replacement of existing machinery or equipment
Wages or staff costs
Day to day business costs
Compliance or legal obligations
Items being purchased with other EU grant funding
3. How do I find out if my company is in the SEMLEP area?
See this link to SEMLEP region map.
4. Can my time be used as match funding?
5. What happens after I have been awarded the grant?
You will receive a letter from the Accountable Body (University of Bedfordshire) confirming the grant award with the terms and conditions.
6. What are the maximum and minimum levels of grants that can be applied for?
The maximum level you can apply for is 30% of the total project cost but not exceeding £3,000.
The minimum level you can apply for is £1,000